Sacramento Accident Lawyer Helping Car Accident Injury Victims With Their Claim
In 2014, there were 3,670 victims killed & injured in traffic accidents in Sacramento County, according to California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS). Auto accident injuries can range from mild to severe, and can include fractures and broken bones, whiplash, brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, paralysis and even death. These injuries have a devastating impact on auto accident victims, often lowering their quality of life for months or even years after the accident.
THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE
Insurance companies DENY, DELAY, CONFUSE and REFUSE. Their mission is NOT to help you when you are injured; it is to make a profit for their shareholders. Insurance companies will come to you in a friendly spirit and propose a quickie settlement, to avoid a “legal hassle.” You need an experienced injury accident attorney to fight the insurance companies on your behalf.
Joe Weinberger is an experienced Sacramento car accident lawyer at The Weinberger Law Firm and represents clients who have sustained personal injuries in all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
The major points to remember in helping yourself at the auto accident scene are:
- Keep control of your emotions at the scene, especially your anger.
- Safety is the first priority. Make sure appropriate medical and safety professionals are notified and ongoing accident danger is minimized.
- Complete your own accident report in addition to the official police report.
- Observe all the details: an unused seat belt, an expired safety inspection, an obstructed traffic signal. You never know what might make the critical difference in your economic recovery.
- Control your tongue and only discuss circumstances of the auto accident with the police. There will be time and opportunity for apologies later.
- Be very careful making deals with other drivers at the auto accident scene. There is no reason to hurry; you will be in a much more realistic emotional state after giving yourself a day or two to calm down and allowing your body time to stabilize.
- Do not hesitate to get medical attention.
- Once away from the accident scene, find time to get rid of the stress of the experience. Allow yourself to ventilate, cry and talk about what happened.
The Go-To Auto Accident Attorney in Sacramento
The Weinberger Law Firm has extensive experience in handling car accident cases, and we investigate every possible contributing cause of your car accident in order to ensure that you are duly compensated for your auto accident injuries. Evaluating the cause of a motor vehicle accident requires considerable time, resources and experience. Our Sacramento accident lawyer will take over the investigation of your case so that you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
- Don’t sell yourself short. If you have been injured in an auto accident, you may be considering whether or not you should hire an accident attorney to handle your claim. In fact, you may have already received a settlement offer from the other driver’s insurance company, and it may seem like a fair offer.
- However, you should be wary of insurance companies who are only looking out for their own interests, not yours. Insurance companies often offer settlements that aren’t sufficient to compensate for all of your losses, including your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering endured as a result of your auto accident.
- By accepting low settlement offers, many car accident victims don’t receive full compensation for their injuries.
Talk To A Sacramento Accident Lawyer About Your Legal Needs
If you were injured due to the negligence of another, regardless of the nature of the underlying accident, it is important to contact an experienced Sacramento accident lawyer to discuss your legal options. The Weinberger Law Firm has the resources and expertise to aggressively litigate your case in court, fighting to get you just compensation for your injury. Call (916) 357-6767 today for a free consultation regarding your personal injury case.